The beautiful scenic route of Park Loop Road starts at Hulls Cove Visitor Center and goes on for 27 miles. From this route, you can go to Otter Cliffs, Sand Beach, Jordan Pond, Thunder Hole and Cadillac Mountain. From December to April 15th, some part of the Park Loop Roads remains closed due to heavy snow.
Make sure you have a map of the roads and routes of the park before going on a scenic drive. All entrance fees are to be paid at the entrance stations in order to enter any part of the park. For bigger vehicles, please note the bridge clearances before you go on a certain road:
- Wildwood Stables: 13 feet (3.9 m)
- Blackwoods Campground: 11 feet 8 inches (3.5 m)
- Fabbri Picnic Area: 11 feet 6 inches (3.5 m)
- Sieur de Monts: 12 feet 2 inches (3.7 m)
- Stanley Brook Entrance: 10 feet 4 inches (3.1 m)
As per the federal law, all passengers are required to wear seatbelts while driving in Acadia National Park. All speed limits must be obeyed, unless otherwise stated. Also note that the park’s speed limit is 35 mph (56 km/h).