You can come to the park for visitations on a private non-commercial vehicle. People coming via Boston should:
- I-95 north to Augusta, Maine
- Route 3 East to Ellsworth towards Mount Desert Island
- Keep going on I-95 North to Bangor, Maine
- Take Route 1A Eastwards to Ellsworth
- From Ellsworth take Route 3 to Mount Desert Island
Anyone wanting to visit Acadia National Park can get a direct flight to Hancock County Airport directly or via Boston Logan International Airport. Hancock County Airport is only 10 miles away from Acadia National Park. You can also opt to come to Bangor International Airport. Car rentals are easily available on both airports.
Greyhound and Concord Coach Lines provide bus services from Boston to Bangor throughout the year.